Friday, April 20, 2012

Interesting reading!

~So I came accross an article this morning about McDonald's: Please see the link below.
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/mcdonald-8217-worker-spits-tea-gross-fast-food-185600556.html

What I have noticed the most since going Gluten free is that not only do I put a lot more thought  into what goes into my body as well as my family but how many awful and unhealthy choices are out there.  I actually am enjoying eating at home.  I know where the items say that go into my salad come from as opposed to a salad from McDonald's or Wendy's.  I know many fast food restaurants are adopting a "healthier side" menu but I am not buying it!  Especially as someone with Celiac Disease and is new to this ride, I cannot chance it.

Yesterday while speaking to my Gastroenterologist at my appointment she stated all three of my young kids needs to get tested to make sure they do or do not have the allergy.  I came accross another article I found interesting: http://www.celiac.com/articles/1046/1/Understanding-the-Genetics-of-Gluten-Sensitivity-by-Dr-Scot-Lewey/Page1.html
It simply explains that there may be a genetic link and to always be aware that your tiny little people could be suffering too!  I know I plan on getting all three of my kids checked as soon as we can, because frankly you never know!  This disease snuck up on me in some ways and in some other ways I think I avoided it, and avoiding it caused damage that I am now dealing with sadly.  We always want to think it will be better tomorrow or something along those lines, but with this kind of allergy the ONLY way to get better is to eliminate gluten totally. 

Have a great day everyone!

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. It's a great lifestyle to adopt, and even though I don't have that particular disease, I know it's helping my IBS a ton! Good on ya girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete